Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
This is an introduction to the principles of typography and the letterforms visual impact in the field of communication and graphic design. It aims at providing the students with a historical typographic background as well as technical typographic skills.
As a result of successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze type style, structure and form
- Understand the aesthetic beauty and structure of letterforms
- Differentiate between good typefaces and poor ones
- Communicate with text using the basic elements and principles of visual communications
- Critically analyze a layout in order to assess its aesthetic worth and effectiveness in conveying meaning
- Become familiar with the relationship of individual letterforms, legibility and readability
- Successfully use the physical and visual attributes of type, including tone, value, dimension, size, scale, and proportion
- Present and defend one’s concepts and intentions
- The course is primarily a studio which incorporates a series of lectures Class lectures over the pertinent information and procedures
- Group discussions and progress reviews of assignments;
- Lectures sessions, discussions, and project development including research strategies.
- Students will use word processing and the Internet to prepare written
- report and conduct research. The final presentation will be make use of PowerPoint.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program