Contact Hours / Week:
In this course you will learn how to hire people using the best professional methods. The student will do so by learning about staffing practices through lectures, readings, and self-development exercises, then applying what you to develop a real professional staffing plan.
In this course we move beyond the basic staffing information to deepen your knowledge and ability to design, describe and implement professionally sound staffing plans. The student learns about prevailing views of mental and physical abilities, personality, and other personal attributes, and how they relate (or not!) with job performance. You apply human attribute models to determine the qualities that define successful job incumbents. The student finds or develops measures of those qualities. The student then decides how to screen for those qualities among applicants, considering labor market and fair employment practice issues.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Staffing in the strive for competitive advantage
- Compare Staffing with Business & Organizational Strategies.
- Explain the difference of Job description vs. Person Specifications
- Contrast the various types of Recruiting Strategies.
- Emphasize the effect of Staffing on the people as well as organization
- Understand External as well as Internal assessment methods
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program