SKETCHING AND PERSPECTIVE II
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
After knowing the basic principles of perspective projection, how it can be developed, applied and understood. The methods of constructing a one point, a two, a three and more vanishing points perspective used as the only relationship between the observer and the desired object, the student will learn to draw more complicated forms and plans then will learn quick-sketching techniques for drawing interior, exterior and landscape spaces. This allows a critical analysis and an improvement of the design before more technical drawings are completed.
The course is organized according to the degree of complexity of the construction and design. Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Master the techniques of drawing complex volumes, irregular shapes, cones, spheres, curved lines etc.
- Learn to draw bigger interior plans with stairs, false ceiling, and floor marble design.
- Learn to draw exterior and landscape perspectives
- Apply quick-sketching techniques to express their ideas through creation of conceptual interior drawings (Creative Expression, Critical Thinking).
- Demonstrate three-dimensional rendering skills of objects and interior views (Creative Expression).
- Perform on-site sketching of various locations outside the traditional classroom. Establish criteria for what is needed in terms of presenting their view in two-dimensional form (Creative Expression, Critical Thinking).
- Understand the techniques of shading and the representation of shadows in perspective.
- Demonstration sessions were the instructor will demonstrate concepts and technique by drawing in front of the class.
- Individual Projects allows students to develop valuable research skills. The students engage in design, problem solving, decision making, and investigative activities.
- Freehand techniques were the students use several unique techniques using their hands and the techniques they learned from the course or he researched.
Live sketching where the student should make sketches of their ideas in the class room to develop their abilities and in mean while the instructor will see the ability of each student and put them in the right track and at the same time determining grades.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program