Research and Quantitative Methods in Business
Contact Hours / Week:
Description of the course:
Building on Principles of Research Design this course aims to extend and deepen the understanding of different research approaches and methodologies in order to prepare students for their own research projects in their business discipline. This course will assist students in identifying, discussing and formulating a research problem, in selecting and applying appropriate research approaches and methods of inquiry (both quantitative or qualitative), and in presenting their results. Successful completion of this course should be sufficient for students to undertake a research project.
This course follows from the Principles of Research Design to provide deeper knowledge and experience in applying commonly used qualitative and qualitative research methods to the research process. Students engage in the research process, from identifying, discussing and formulating a research problem, to selecting and applying appropriate research approaches and methods of inquiry (both quantitative or qualitative), and in presenting their results. We may examine the theory and methods of inference, emphasizing those applications most useful in modeling business problems. Topics include sampling theory, estimation, hypothesis testing, linear regression, analysis of variance, and several advanced applications of the general linear model.
Upon completion of the course requirements, the students will be able to:
- Define research problems and research designs
Understand the role of theory and concepts in empirical research
- Choose appropriate samples and empirical material for particular research problems
- Analyze empirical material
- Report empirical research
- Define appropriate evaluative criteria for empirical research
- Discuss and apply different research approaches and methodologies
- Develop data collection instrument according to the underlying theoretical framework. 3. Explain how to conduct data collection (quantitative and qualitative)
- Analyze quantitative data and qualitative data
- Refine research questions to meet high level research objectives/questions.
- Construct and document an appropriate research design, including argumentation for data collection and analysis methods/techniques
- Discuss limitations and potential contribution to theory and practice of research
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program