Contact Hours / Week:
Project Management is the discipline of organizing and managing resources in a way that the project is completed within defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints. The course uses the structured project management framework of initiation, planning, execution, control, and formal closing. It focuses on practical tools and techniques. The course covers key components of project management including project integration, project scope management, project time and cost management, quality management, human resource considerations, communications, risk management, and procurement management.
It will provide students with the opportunity to gain a systematic and comprehensive understanding of key concepts and skills essential to effective program development and project management. By examining the project cycle using potential Practicum projects, students will learn techniques and tools used in formulating and managing projects and programs for desired impact.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a work breakdown structure for a project.
- Develop a project budget
- Develop a project schedule
- Set a project due date and schedule, using analysis of probabilistic activity durations.
- Examine project scheduling under conditions of constrained resources.
- Develop a responsibility chart and resource load profile.
- Learn to use MS Project to develop and then communicate a well reasoned project plan.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program