Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
The student should have knowledge of the multitude of variables included in a design project prior to taking this course. This course will assist the student in realizing the importance of organizing and managing a professional design practice. It will inform the student of the information required to successfully and efficiently run a design business as well as a design project from conception to completion
This senior-level course addresses the dynamics of preparing a professional portfolio. Students will combine self-knowledge, writing curriculum vitae and report, interview techniques to create a unique presentation of their work. The student will leave with a fully integrated portfolio and a training experience, poised and prepared for successful employment. This course includes a supervised work experience in the interior design field. A minimum of 60 clock hours is required. The work experience and criteria will be coordinated between the college instructor, student, and cooperating employer.
The student will be able to:
. Prepare his CV
- Understand the importance of goal and decision-making process, time management and time keeping skills, service and ethics in the professional practice of interior design.
- Understand how to promote his/her services, develop clientele and how to handle the first meeting and client interview.
- Understand the important use of ethics in business practice.
- Understand the importance of keeping job/project folders for reference.
- Understand and apply the range of discounts and methods of establishing a fee basis.
- Write a letter of agreement, a contract for a project
- Estimating (project costs, fees)
- Class lectures over the pertinent information and procedures that happened with the students and see the level of their thinking and the solution they provide so the instructor can determinate the grates.
- Reviewing and discussing professional examples of various types
- Reading assignments Reinforce learning and practice to develop skills
- Complete assigned exercises
- Research current job
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program