MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
The creation of functional and beautiful interior spaces requires not only sensitivity to aesthetics but also a strong grounding and understanding of construction systems.
A full study of the lighting system design and setup, and the different sources of light, and their application, distribution, categories and their graphic representations (Symbols) on floor plans. It will also cover the acoustical system and soundproofing. Heating ventilation and air conditioning systems and their installation, design consideration, building regulations and needs. Introduction as well to the sanitary systems. Plumbing for kitchens and bathrooms and hot water systems.
-To provide the student with the knowledge of the infrastructure systems that must be taken in consideration before starting any design.
-To ensure an understanding of the classification of the main mechanical and electrical systems and the relations and properties in between..
-To provide the student with knowledge about the procedure in development of a project from the technical side as well as from the esthetic way.
- The course is primarily a lecture format which incorporates a series of in class discussion sessions that provides immediate, on-the-spot feedback on how students are learning from a lecture or a demonstration.
- Information is reinforced through in-class exercises related to structural systems, building codes, and barrier-free design.
- Group discussions compare and contrast international and local construction procedures and practices.
- Projects provide students with the opportunity to tackle real world situations that by their nature have no easy solution, or have no solution at the present time.
- Field trips where the students will experience real project to see how thing works.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program