Leadership & Team Building
Contact Hours / Week:
The course aims to create an understanding of leadership, negotiation, and decision-making, with a focus on the individual leader and his or her actions. Both the development of different traditional perspectives on leadership and contemporary and critical perspectives are central to this course. The student should develop an understanding of the relationship between decision-making, negotiation strategies and how a leader is perceived. Ethics and power are important aspects in this course.
This course will begin with an introduction that will help further the distinction between leadership and management, and then student will be introduced to major theories and models of leadership and of leadership development from a variety of perspectives. Next, student will be introduced to the process of decision-making in a variety of leadership settings. Student will then study the processes of leading independently, or without direct authority.
Students will have opportunities to explore their strengths and weaknesses as managerial leaders and to develop skills in these areas. In addition, several current theories of leadership will be examined as the basis for determining the requisite skills of managerial leaders.
Course Learning Outcomes:.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the key elements in the strategic leadership process.
- Connect the relation between leadership, strategy & corporate culture.
- Assess the need for a balance between short-term business imperatives and long term corporate sustainability.
- Distinguish the critical leadership roles and management functions in guiding strategic & cultural change.
- To define leadership and explore its relationship to concepts such as management and followership.
- To suggest that better leadership is something everyone shares responsibility for.
- To show how leadership involves complex interactions between the leader, the followers, and the situation they are in.
- How we can become better leaders by profiting more fully from our experiences and skills.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program