Internship and Career Development
Contact Hours / Week:
The goal of the work experience program is to prepare our graduates both professionally and academically for future careers through mentored experience in the workplace. Student preparedness for the workplace can be raised by critically reflecting on work experiences through being observant, seeking information, and analyzing self.
Through this course, students actively apply the theory they have received in their undergraduate courses and related training. This is done in a conscious, practical manner in their day-to-day lives in their chosen work environment under the supervision of the on-site supervisor and the Course Instructor. Using reflection and course assignments, students are encouraged to actively engage in analyzing their professional experiences, reactions and behaviors while working and learning about employment in today’s job market.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able:
- Develop the knowledge and theory you have learned in the class room with practical application and skill development in a professional setting.
- Gain insight into a professional career path you are considering and understand how an organization operates in a practical sense. This includes gaining an understanding of professional roles, their skills and responsibilities, an organization’s business operations, and exposure to an industry.
- Develop and identify professional connections. Be able to articulate how you will maintain those professional connections after the internship.
- Be able to articulate and identify what you have learned from the experience including professionalism, business skills, and skills developed.
- Be able to articulate why (or why not) you are interested in this potential career path.
- Be able to articulate professional fields you would like to explore after graduation.
- Be able to identify additional actions you will take after your internship that will contribute to your career development (e.g. learn new skills, classes you will take, other internships you want to do, areas to explore, maintaining the connections you have built.)
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program