INTERIOR DESIGN III
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
Interior Design III is the starting point for designing commercial places. New ideas, creative concepts and innovative solutions are requested to do the snobbiest marketing project all that based on good research following the given plans & themes. Students learning this material will be introduced to innovated ideas for residential places, relating different interior spaces together in a well studied circulation. It is a practice concerned with anything that is found inside a space - walls, tiling plans, false ceiling, doors, finishes, textures, light, furnishings and furniture. All of these elements must be used by the students to develop a functional, safe, and pleasing space for households.
- This course enables students to be well know ledged about commercial/contract design including retail, office, institutional, restaurant, and hospitality design.
- Emphasis is placed on ADA requirements, building codes and standards, space planning, and the selection of appropriate materials for non-residential interiors.
- Development of a total designed environment, integrated into its context;
- Lecture, discussion, critique of projects, and field trips are used to provide student with good learning exercises.
- Complete out-of-class projects to explore and synthesize learning. There are two phases in projects: the research and the design phases.
- Class time will be focused primarily upon studio work, discussions, critique of student work (by students, the instructor, outside design critics, and code officials).
- The students will also be required to engage with design professionals though professional networking activities outside of class time as enrichment exercise.
- Digital Projects done on AutoCAD and Photoshop using advanced rendering techniques
- Final presentations are made with PowerPoint Within this type of project, students are expected to use technology in meaningful ways to help them collaborate, analyze, synthesize and present their learning.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program