Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
This course is an introductory course in Graphic Design.
Students will be applying all the basic skills that they have tackled in the pre-requisite classes (the Intro. to Typography, the Intro. To GD and the CG I classes).
The class is an investigation of the creative process that the designer goes through while designing the main elements of visual communication as in symbols, pictograms, and icons. After going through heavy brainstorming sessions the students will be asked to create their own visual vocabulary express various styles and emotions, and to develop enough credibility in convincing the target audience to purchase a certain service or product. It is an intensive insight into developing an image, a corporate identity planning and its different applications. Sketches are considered as the backbone of the creative process, they are not to be neglected in this class. Conducting a thorough research before working on any project is strongly advised.
As a result of successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Students will learn the process on how to work on a project, from research, sketches until the final outcome.
- Students will be able to reflect a company’s identity through a logo.
- Students will learn to be consistent in their designs through the applications
- Class lectures over the pertinent information and procedures
- Heavy brainstorming sessions
- Freehand and digital projects
- Reviewing and discussing professional examples of various branding identities
- Reading assignments
- Lab tutorials and exercises
- Class follow-along demonstrations
- Research the design process on specific projects
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program