HISTORY OF DESIGN
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
A chronological history of architecture and interiors throughout history, with emphasis on the post-medieval periods, French Renaissance through the 21st century. It includes selected vocabulary, classical forms, use of ornament, colors, motifs and furniture styles.
. Become aware of the various cultural influences that helped shape architectural and furniture styles.
. Develop vocabulary used to describe specific architectural and furniture styles.
. Be able to identify visual examples of various architectural and furniture styles.
. Be able to identify major artists, designers, and architects as well as identifying examples of their work.
. Demonstrate an awareness of how architectural, furniture, and interior styles reflect religious values and philosophical presuppositions of artists and cultures.
- Lectures and audio-visual presentations to provide continuity and dimension to the reading
- Study and discussion questions over each unit, to provide focus and learning stimulus in
- Weekly reading assignments promote deeper understanding of course material, and increase logical thinking skills and creativity.
- In-class participation: presentation of homework, oral responses,
- Interactive group work, discussions, presentations, note taking reading assignments It allows students to work in groups or by themselves and allows them to come up with ideas and realistic solutions or presentations.
- tow quizzes over selected sections of the text
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program