HISTORY OF ARTS
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
This course will be representing the history of arts through the ages, starting from the birth of art in the ancient world until the 20th and 21st contemporary art movements and art scenes. We are concerned primarily with plastic art: Painting, Sculpting, and Architecture.
As a result of successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understanding of the basic terms, facts, and concepts in art history
- Comprehension of the progress of art as fluid development of a series of styles and trends that overlap and react to each other as well as to historical events
- Recognition of the basic concepts inherent in each style, and the outstanding exemplars of each
- Lectures and slide shows that provides immediate, on-the-spot feedback on how students are learning, It also encourages students to become self-monitoring listeners and self-reflective learners.
- Class presentation where students have to really understand the material, in a much more comprehensive way than when they are merely reading it.
- In-class discussion and written work will allow students to develop their skills of keen observation, clear expression, and independent critical thought.
- Field trip to museums or galleries, when feasible.
- Tests and exams to assess student ability to reflect on what they have learned and how well they have transferred that learning into their own words
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program