GRAPHIC DESIGN PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
This senior-level course addresses the dynamics of preparing a professional portfolio. Students will combine self-knowledge, book design, photography and writing with interview techniques and industry knowledge to create a unique presentation of their work. The student will leave with a fully integrated portfolio and promotional materials, poised and prepared for successful employment. This course includes a supervised work experience in the graphic design field. A minimum of 80 hours is required. The work experience and criteria will be coordinated between the advisor, student, and cooperating employer.
As a result of completing this course, students will build competency in the following areas:
- Design Analysis and Critical Evaluation. The ability to judge the effectiveness of portfolio contents through critiques and a better understanding of real-world expectations.
- Job Market Familiarity. The development of an understanding of job opportunities and employer expectations, through research and experience in the graphic design field.
- Personal Marketing. The creation of a self-promotion system.
- Effective Portfolio Presentation- Pride in Production. Maintaining high standards and craftsmanship as a work ethic.
- Class lectures over the pertinent information and procedures that happened with the students and see the level of their thinking and the solution they provide so the instructor can determinate the grates.
- Reviewing and discussing professional examples of various types
- Reading assignments Reinforce learning and practice to develop skills
- Complete assigned exercises
- Research current job
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program