GRAPHIC DESIGN II
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
Every project demands a different aesthetic and intellectual approach to communicate appropriately, effectively, and distinctively. Creative thinking is the ability to stretch beyond the ordinary, to be original, innovative, and flexible in one’s thinking. Students need to recognize the characteristics of a creative thinker and acquire the tools that stimulate creative thinking and problem solving and try to implement them in a series of projects ranging from publication covers to package design.
The design of a cover of any publication gives a clue as to what is between the covers. Publication covers have a hybrid purpose—they are both promotional and editorial.
In this course, students will learn to define publication design, and become acquainted with the process of designing a cover.
Moreover, students will be introduced to package design; they will understand the purpose of package design and learn about the package design process.
As a result of successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the aspects of creative thinking:
- Recognizing commonalities, common attributes
- Identifying similarities between seemingly unrelated things
- Working out details and being able to propose alterations
- Forming images in one’s mind and imagining the unlikely
- Understand the purpose of cover design
- Realize the design needs for a series of publications
- Understand the purpose of package design
- Identify the key elements of a packaging composition including placement, product, and audience
- Class demonstrations
- Critical thinking and problem solving through reading, listening, and speaking activities that require students to demonstrate an active, analytical approach to material. Essays.
- Demonstrations of design process, experimentation and critique of visual projects
- Group discussions compare and contrast the design process
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program