FURNITURE DESIGN II
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
This course introduces students to the design process as it applies to furniture, addressing furniture design, measurements', proportions, materials, construction techniques, manufacturing. Students will research selected topics, and design seating, work/service pieces, or cabinetry. Emphasis will be placed on furniture representations, research, design process, human factors, accessibility, detailing, documentation, and presentation techniques. Projects will be chosen according to the researches required, and will be based on selected spaces.
- Understanding of the functional aspects of furniture and designed object materials.
- Being introduced to the most known international brands and local suppliers of furniture design.
- Acquiring appropriate methodology to deal with professional FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment) Booklet
- Getting to know how to deal with movable furniture, fixtures or other equipment that are have no permanent connection to the structure of a building or utilities.
- Taking part of the experience of fabric and finishes selection procedure and their appropriate application on Furniture items.
- Understanding of machine processes for construction of furniture and designed-objects.
• Understanding of the design process for developing and prototyping of design ideas.
• Awareness of methods of material manipulation.
- PowerPoint presentations that include illustrations to support lecture
- Guest speaker/s (local and regional artisans)
- Video/CD presentations
- Field trips to museums galleries and other locations
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program