FUNDAMENTALS OF ARTS
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
This is a studio course in the study of the basic elements of design, their qualities, theories, and psychology. Application is by problem-solving and exploration of the elements and principles in two-dimensional means and in a contemporary mode of expression.
As a result of successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- To acquire the theory necessary for the practice of design
- To discern the elements and principles of design
- To see and appreciate design in nature and all creation
- To develop an understanding of "why to do it" as well as "how to do it"
- To acquire technical proficiency in the use of the tools and materials of design
- To apply the elements and principles of design to given problems and to exploit their use for one's own creative inspirations
- To distinguish the universal qualities inherent in all art from the surface characteristics of changing styles
- Demonstration – The instructor will demonstrate principles and elements of design, concepts and technique by drawing in front of the class.
- Hands on teaching – The instructor will make the rounds, working with each student, giving constructive criticism, and doing individual demonstrations.
- Discussion – The instructor will illustrate the technical and expressive aspects of life drawing by showing examples of his own work, and the work of other artists. Students will be encouraged to participate in group discussions and critiques as time allows.
- Individual Discussion – The instructor will guide students individually by giving technical advice and suggested reading and research which would benefit individual students.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program