Contact Hours / Week:
Description of the Course:
The objective of this course is to study more advanced topics on micro-econometrics. Students are expected to have knowledge in calculus, statistics and multiple regression models at the level of Econometrics III/IIID or equivalent. Topics include linear regression model, some topics on regression, bootstrap, generalized method of moment (GMM), empirical likelihood (EL), instrument variables (IV) estimation, panel data methods, simultaneous equation models, limited dependent variable models, and sample selection corrections.
After completing this course, students should be able to understand the basics of econometric theory, and be able to apply econometrics from a practical point of view. Students will be able to use regression analysis to undertake econometric studies from a number of business disciplines, and be able to analyse the statistical properties of the estimated models. The emphasis is on understanding the models and theories. Through the course, we will also apply econometric estimation methods to real-world data and interpret the estimation results in many different respects.
After completing this course, students will be able to get:
- A broad knowledge of regression analysis relevant for analyzing economic data.
- An interpretation and critical evaluation of the outcomes of empirical analysis
- A theoretical background for the standard methods used in empirical analyses, like properties of least squares estimators and the statistical testing of hypothesis.
- The needed skills as a qualified user of econometric methods.
- The ability of performing statistical tests to investigate whether the classical assumptions in regression analysis are satisfied.
- The ability to read and understand project reports and journal articles that make use of the concepts and methods that are introduced in the course
- The knowledge to make use of econometric models in your own academic work, for example in analyses needed for your master’s thesis
- Class demonstration and advanced exploration into a wide variety of accounting techniques.
- PowerPoint presentations and exercises demonstrating real cases.
- Complete mock exams in class with verifying the answers.
- Take notes on additional information examples and methods and shortcuts.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program