Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
This course is designed to explore the basic principles of drawing the human/animal figure with accuracy. Students work to develop an understanding of gesture, proportion, rhythm, balance, structure and musculature.
As a result of successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Draw the human figure demonstrating fundamental accuracy in proportions, gesture, balance and structure
- Sketching the human body in movement
- Utilize the five-value system to render form
- Apply form and cast shadows with correct differentiation of soft/hard edges
- Demonstration – The instructor will demonstrate concepts and technique by drawing in front of the class.
- Hands on teaching – The instructor will make the rounds, working with each student, giving constructive criticism, and doing individual demonstrations.
- Discussion – The instructor will illustrate the technical and expressive aspects of life drawing by showing examples of his own work, and the work of other artists. Students will be encouraged to participate in group discussions and critiques as time allows.
- Individual Discussion – The instructor will guide students individually by giving technical advice and suggested reading and research which would benefit individual students.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program