Contact Hours / Week:
Aims of Course:
To introduce networking concepts and principles of modern computer networks, with emphasis on protocols, architectures for both LAN and WAN with emphasis on Ethernet and Internet. Students should understand the basic and fundamental concepts of networking among heterogeneous subnets and should differentiate between Local Asynchronous Communication and Long Distance Communication in addition to LAN Technologies and topologies, Protocols and layering.
The course is offered in 40 hours lecture with case studies, individual exercises, project works, class discussion, critical analysis, problem solving, and individual private study.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- To understand the rules and procedures that mediate the exchange of information between two communication processes
- Understand how computer networks, network protocols and topologies operate
- To illustrate the Internetworking among heterogeneous subnets in terms of addressing and routing
- To demonstrate the techniques for identifying different protocol suites sent over the subnets
- To examine the protocol header encoding rules
- To analyze techniques for parsing protocol headers
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program