Computer Aided Design II
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
This is an advanced computer aided drafting course focused on three dimensional modeling. Students learn how to translate two-dimensional plans and elevations into three-dimensional drawings in order to utilize these drawings for design presentations. Students will be initiated to Adobe Photoshop CS program at the end of the course.
Knowledge and Understanding
Understand the 3D aspects of AutoCAD 2009.
Understand the use of 3D AutoCAD and the role 3D drawings play in interior design.
Understand the concepts in 3D Computer Aided Design.
Cognitive Skills (Thinking and Analysis)
Develop a sound grounding of 3D modeling techniques.
Develop the analyzing skills of the various design elements.
Enhance design thinking of the suitable techniques to create 3D models for those elements.
Communication Skills (Personal and Academic)
Use animation and rendering to present the design ideas and concepts and to communicate with customers, suppliers, and partners.
Practical and subject specific skills (Transferable Skills)
Navigate easily through AutoCAD 3D environment.
Create and modify photorealistic 3D images for interior projects.
Render 3d models and apply visual styles, materials, lights and cameras.
- The course is primarily a studio which incorporates a series of lectures and demonstrations of software.
- Reviewing and discussing different effects and techniques and online examples
- Lab projects and exercises exemplifying the type of graphics work being discussed
- Exercises that Provide appropriate hands-on lab work and projects
- Complete tutorials in class with outside repetition
- Take notes on additional information examples and methods and shortcuts
- Review questions on quizzes and/or exams to determine comprehension
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program