Computer Aided Design I
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
In this course, the student is introduced to the fundamentals of computer drafting and the tools used in this technique. Students will learn basic computer drafting vocabulary, line weights and values, as well as the skills necessary to produce in 2D floor plans, furniture plans, interior elevations, building sections, and detail sections.
- Knowledge and Understanding
Understand the 2D aspects of AutoCAD 2009.
Understand the use of 2D AutoCAD and the role 2D drawings play in interior design.
Understand the concepts and tools in 2D Computer Aided Design.
Cognitive Skills (Thinking and Analysis)
Develop a sound grounding of 2D drawing techniques.
Develop the analysing skills of the various design elements.
Enhance design thinking of the suitable techniques to create 2D drawings for those elements.
Communication Skills (Personal and Academic)
Use 2D CAD drawings to present the design ideas and concepts and to communicate with customers, contractors, and other designers.
Practical and subject specific skills (Transferable Skills)
Navigate easily through AutoCAD 2D environment.
Create and modify technical 2D drawings for interior projects.
- The course is primarily a studio which incorporates a series of lectures and demonstrations of software.
- Reviewing and discussing different effects and techniques and online examples.
- Lab projects and exercises exemplifying the type of graphics work being discussed
- Exercises that Provide appropriate hands-on lab work and projects
- Complete tutorials in class with outside repetition
- Take notes on additional information examples and methods and shortcuts
- Review questions on quizzes and/or exams to determine comprehension
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program