BASIC STUDIO SKILLS
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
This course will lay the traditional groundwork in freehand sketching, model building, and other skills that are the basis for later skills in CAD and design tools using computers.
Students are introduced the basic rules of paper project presentation, what tools must be used to draw an interior project, introduction to basic principles and techniques of drawing emphasizing perceptual skills, the use of value and line, the elements and principles of design as they apply to the two dimensional surface, This course introduces basic drafting skills and techniques employing mechanical pencils and pen and ink. Emphasis is placed on the use of drafting equipment, dimensioning, as well as isometric drawing construction for interior components, ending with the rule of orthographic projections permitting the student to draw an understandable scientific clear plan, elevation and section..
- To become proficient in drawing.
- To use the drawing tools and supplies
- To draw a clear and effective representation of Plans, Elevations &Sections
- To represent typical wall, floor and ceiling details; door types and details; window types and details; false ceiling; stairs and lifts; arches; furniture details; WC; kitchen main details.
- To understand the best ways to represent ideas through practical exercises provided at the appropriate time.
- To Draw Axonometric drawings
The main portion of learning is gained from direct, observable work experience in the class.
- Demonstration – The instructor will demonstrate concepts and techniques by drawing in front of the class.
- Hands on teaching – The instructor will make the rounds, working with each student, giving constructive criticism, and doing individual demonstrations.
- Discussion – The instructor will illustrate the technical and expressive aspects of life drawing by showing examples of his own work, and the work of other artists. Students will be encouraged to participate in group discussions and critiques as time allows.
- Individual Discussion – The instructor will guide students individually by giving technical advice and suggested reading and research which would benefit individual students. ( NEUFERT )
- Participation in class critiques to develop a critical mind and an artistic vocabulary
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program