ART OF CALLIGRAPHY
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
In this course students will research about calligraphy and its use and developments throughout history, the use of calligraphy into the decorative and fashion form, how to communicate a feeling, a thought, or an attitude.
As a result of successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Practice their hands to use calligraphy pens.
- Write separate and linked letters.
- Write the same letter in different types of calligraphy.
- Know how and where they can use each kind of calligraphy in their future jobs.
- Have more choices than the computer readymade fonts.
- Demonstration – The instructor will demonstrate principles and elements of Arabic calligraphy, concepts and technique by drawing in front of the class.
- Hands on teaching – The instructor will make the rounds, working with each student, giving constructive criticism, and doing individual demonstrations.
- Discussion – The instructor will illustrate the technical and expressive aspects of calligraphy by showing examples of his own work, and the work of other artists. Students will be encouraged to participate in group discussions and critiques as time allows.
- Individual Discussion – The instructor will guide students individually by giving technical advice and suggested reading and research which would benefit individual students.
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program