ARCHITECTURAL DRAWING II
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
Architectural Drawing II is the second course in the architectural drawing pathway for that provides students with an opportunity to extend their knowledge of architectural planning and drawing procedures used in the development and preparation of construction plans for residential and commercial buildings.
Mathematics, sciences and visual design concepts are reinforced.
Emphasis is placed on computer 3D graphics and animations in the creation pictorial renderings and walk-through designs.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Assess conventional design strategies to create design efficiency and flow;
- Identifying commonly used structural components;
- Draw complete floor plans and estimate materials;
- Draw foundation plans and roof;
- Generate cross sections, elevations, detail views and schedules for windows, doors and finishes;
- Prepare a basic set of plans for a small commercial building;
- Incorporate aspects of sustainable and universal design;
- Lectures sessions, discussions, and project development including research strategies. Students will use word processing and the Internet to prepare written report and conduct research. The final presentation will be making use of PowerPoint.
- In-class participation: presentation of homework, oral responses, interactive group work, discussions presentations, note taking
- Critical thinking and problem solving are supported through reading, listening, and speaking activities that require students to demonstrate an active, analytical approach to the material
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program