Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
In this course, students will explore methods and techniques for the design and assembly of three-dimensional product packages. They will be presented with a series of design challenges and asked to find the most visually arresting and appealing digital graphic solutions as well as paper design, technical drafting and materials selection.
Critical thinking on the subjects of audience, marketing, subject matter, message and consumerism will be explored. Students will also have a direct contact with the packaging industry throughout assignments requiring field research, quotation request and different inquiry related to assigned projects.
As a result of successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the key elements of a packaging composition including placement, product, and audience (marketing research, target audiences, and user profiles affect the packaging design process)
- Identify the production, design, and budgetary (related to devel differences between mass and prestige packaging designs
- Mass and prestige packaging designs
- Develop an understanding of materials machinery and production.
- Different types of packaging: Design and modeling (real type implementation)
- Class demonstrations
- Market analysis ( relation between the product and the audience)
- Materials and machinery
- Printing and Mold creation
- Mass production
- High end products packaging
- Design Projects ( digital and freehand executions)
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program