INTERIOR DESIGN IV
Contact Hours / Week:
AIM OF THE COURSE
In this course students learn to design spaces in a detailed form, where the concepts, the functions and the use of materials are the main issue of design. They start viewing and relating the space and all its characteristics with the outside world, by the project analysis the presentation, and the execution file. Projects would be based on a larger scale as public spaces.
The objective of this course is to provide the student with the knowledge of circulation and the solutions of space problems as well as provide an understanding of the classification of the main functions and the relations and properties in between. Another course objective is to provide the student with knowledge about the procedure in development of volumes since organization till plan, sections, elevations. Etc. The expression of the basic idea and development of the creativity is another course objective, which will give the student the ability of understanding complex and difficult design problems
- Lecture, discussion, critique of projects, and field trips are used to provide the student with good learning exercises.
- Critical thinking and problem solving are inherent to the design studio and are required for success.
- Information technology skills are developed as students integrate digital technology skills while designing large scale public projects.
- Students are assigned reading and research projects that require use of the computer and library resources as well as field study, observation, and preparation for design projects
- Final presentations are made with PowerPoint. Within this type of project, students are expected to use technology in meaningful ways to help them collaborate, analyze, synthesize and present their learning.
- Digital Projects done on AutoCAD and Photoshop using advanced rendering techniques
High Quality Education with Reasonable & Affordable Prices
Apply NOW and Benefit from Financial AID program