The American University of Culture & education (AUCE) thrives to improve and enrich people's lives through education that dramatically engages our students and research that capitalizes on the power of collaboration. Realization of this mission is through:
- Scholarship and creative endeavor that draws on all forms of inquiry.
- Learning that is active, creative and continuous.
- Promotion of an inclusive culture of global citizenship.
We aim to be recognized nationally & internationally as an institution that imagines and influences the future. Toward that end we will:
- Support advancement of thriving disciplines as well as new areas of interdisciplinary excellence.
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to become leaders in a world characterized by rapid change and increasing interdependence.
- Nurture a community of exceptional scholars who are cooperative and collegial, functioning in an atmosphere distinguished by support, mentoring and inclusion.
- Pursue distinctive opportunities to build on our special features, including our relationships with world-class corporates, cultural, educational, and scientific institutions in University Circle and across Lebanon.
Excellence in Selecting University Staff
- Recognition and reward of the University's staff as its greatest asset
- The encouragement of career development for all staff
Enhancing The University's relationship with society
- The widest possible student access to the University
- The contribution that the University can make to society through the pursuit, dissemination, and application of knowledge
- The place of the University within the broader academic and local community
- Opportunities for innovative partnerships with business, charitable foundations, and healthcare
- Concern for sustainability and the relationship with the environment
Academic Excellence and Impact
- Eminence in teaching and research
- Scholarship that changes lives and deepens understanding
- Creativity and innovation as hallmarks of our efforts
Inclusiveness and Diversity
- Civility and the free exchange of ideas
- Civic and national engagement
- Appreciation for the distinct perspectives and talents of each individual
Integrity and Transparency
- Academic freedom and responsibility
- Ethical behavior
- Shared governance